Wednesday, October 14, 2009

FITS AND STARTS

For Thanksgiving this year, Tim and I took an extended long weekend getaway and borrowed a friend's cabin on the Sunshine Coast of BC.  We spent the bulk of Saturday in silence and solitude, each taking the day to be with and hear from God.  It wasn't until I finally stilled myself (which took a long time!) that I realized I was all wound up again and actually quite tired.  With all the travelling this summer, adding a second day of work and hosting my in-laws in September, I had slowly been ramping up again without taking adequate rest.  I had forgotten that my priority is still to fill my tank - it's not quite full yet!  And so, I am coming back to a place where my decisions will be based on how much energy it costs me and whether I can afford it.  The road of burnout recovery is full of fits and starts.  But when I observe that even the ocean has high and low tides, I am not dismayed.

No comments: