Thursday, July 16, 2009

BACK TO WORK!

As I was washing dishes this morning, I noticed a significant shift in my inner world. Somehow without me knowing when it started, I had gone back to work! Not the kind of work that pays in dollars and cents. But work that requires much time, attention and investment nonetheless.

I had re-entered the work of intercession.

During my two years overseas, it had become very clear to me that aside from the work I was "paid" to do, I also had the special, on-going, behind-the-scenes work of praying for various people in my life. When I burned out, I had lost my capacity to care for, let alone pray for, others.

How happy I was to notice that a part of me was thinking of and lifting up person after person before the Lord this morning! In my view, interceding for others is just as full-time work as any other type of work that I could do. So I guess this means Happy Back To Work to me!

No comments: