Thursday, February 18, 2010

MY FIRST AND GREATEST TASK

My first and greatest task these days is to know myself as deeply and completely loved by the Trinity.

I used to think that I was here to change the world; that the greater impact I had for Christ, the greater the glory God would get.  I have since learned that the path to greatest glory for God would be that I lived my life in obedience to Him; that I fully lived out my true self-in-Christ.  Whether my life impacts millions or whether it impacts one, that is up to God.  If He chooses to raise me up, or if He chooses to keep me unknown, it is in His wisdom.

So my ambition now is to know Him who beckons me so that I may respond to His desires for me.  This approach releases me from the pressure to make my life count for something.  Because if I am being attentive and obedient, my life could not count for more - no matter what else I did.

1 comment:

afro-chick said...

this post is...so, so encouraging.
it is what i can't articulate, but what i believe God is showing me moment-moment.