Wednesday, January 9, 2008

CURRENT STATUS: RUT

It's been a while since I updated.

I guess I feel like I've been in a rut this past month. Physically, I haven't made much progress in terms of sleeping better or getting my digestive system into order. Emotionally, I'm feeling a bit more stable, but I still struggle to have much energy to connect with people. Spiritually, I really don't know. I wrote in my journal yesterday that I feel like my soul is in a coma. I'm still reading the Word but it's not sticking. I'm listening to talks and reading books but it's only filling up my head. There's a disconnect somewhere and don't know what solution it is that I'm waiting for.

I had lunch with a childhood friend today and we had a great time talking and laughing. She reminded me that I need to make sure to have fun. Right. I forget that word exists. How sad! We also talked about all the evidence we have that God loves us and people around us love us. And I came to a place again where I had trouble believing it. I thought I had resolved that already...

How long will this last? Only God knows. I can only remind myself that my hope is in Him alone and not in getting better.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun. we're gonna have a fun-filled week ;) tim.

ols said...

yes. yes we are. :D