Tuesday, January 29, 2008

ROAD SIGNS

5 little signs of improvement in me these days (Yah!):
  • I actually answer the phone now.

  • I have slept through the night for 3 out of the last 5 nights. (The first time in a few months.)

  • I have moments of feeling bored. (heh heh)

  • I find myself thinking of random people and praying for them.

  • I'll initiate conversations with friends online, sometimes.
  • And 4 signs that tell me I'm not there yet:
  • I still don't trust myself to drive a car.

  • 5 minutes of chit chat in a room full of people immediately depletes me.

  • Stomach pains. =(

  • I feel like I could nap all day every day.
  • A good friend asked me today what it would look like for me to be back to "normal." I've been thinking about that, actually. What if this low energy is to stay with me for the rest of my life? Or if I'll have sleeping problems from now on? What if I never recover from these stomach aches? Does that mean my life will be on hold indefinitely? I don't think so.

    I think that I'll know I'm better when my heart and soul are healed. When I am less bound by what people think of me. When I am more secure in my identity in Christ. I have a feeling I might never make it to 100% on this side of eternity but my heart will know when it's time to take the next step and get moving again. I am confident that God will make it clear when the time comes. And His grace will be enough to cover what I still lack.

    No comments: