Friday, November 21, 2008

RECURRING THEME: WORTHINESS

It's interesting that what God initially used burn-out to surface in me, He is now using relocation to surface again. I have been feeling out of place in Vancouver, missing the familiarity of Toronto and strangely also missing the familiarity of Asia. As I search my heart, I discover that part of what I'm missing is the feeling of security that comes from knowing that people know my history and accomplishments. For some reason, I feel like because people don't know me here, I need to somehow prove to them that I am worth being friends with. That I am trustworthy and worth getting to know.

What I need to choose to believe, however, is that I am already valuable - regardless of how people think of me, or what I think they think of me. I'm challenged to ask myself where I'm looking for my significance. And the comforting truth is one I learned not so long ago: my significance comes from the One who created me.

No comments: