Tuesday, November 20, 2007

ACCEPTED

The last few days, I have been soaking in the truth that I am accepted. I hadn’t realized that scriptures actually tell us that Christ accepts us. I had read Romans 15:7 before, “Therefore, accept one another just as Christ accepts you,” and I had always focused on the first part accept one another but I hadn’t let the truth of the main point of that verse sink in: Christ accepts you.

CHRIST ACCEPTS ME!

I have been thinking about how much impact that one truth has on my life. Because Jesus Christ – the King of kings and Lord of lords, the Creator and Sustainer of the universe, the Highest and Holiest One – accepts me, I do not have to be ashamed. I can face my weaknesses without fear and I can delight in my strengths without embarrassment. Because Christ accepts me, I do not have to hide anything or impress anyone. I do not have to be ashamed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! What an accomplishment for the first day's renovation! Praise the Lord! Yes, if Jesus Christ accepts you, who else can look down at you? Not even yourself.

Miyu said...

Thank you for this post.