Monday, November 26, 2007

BROTHER

This morning, I was going through a chapter in Be Transformed on the topic of God as our Father. As I read the passages, the reality sunk in that Jesus’ death and resurrection not only saved us from eternity apart from God, it gave us the position of being adopted children of God. This means that in the Father’s eyes, I am His daughter just as much as Jesus is His Son. I am not a second-rate child. How God the Father sees Jesus is how He sees me. Usually, when I think of Jesus relationship with His Father, I don’t dare to hope that I could have the same closeness with God. But in light of this truth, I realize that the same intimate Father-child relationship Jesus exemplified while he walked the earth is available for me! It’s incredible to think that this is possible, let alone true. And it’s awesome to know that the Father is always at work, moving me toward that degree of intimacy with Him. I don’t have an earthly brother, but thinking about Jesus in this light gives me a new understanding of the family relationship.

No comments: