Sunday, November 18, 2007

WHY RENOVATE?

The Bible advises us to build our lives on a solid foundation, not on sand. As I’ve grown more and more tired – to the point of perpetually feeling exhausted and showing symptoms of depression – I’ve had to ask myself “Why?” How did I get to this point? As I’ve asked the Lord to show me, He’s revealed to me that my foundations are on shifting sands. I have based my life such things as performance and perfection. I have been invisibly motivated by fear. The lies I’ve been building my life upon need to be replaced by His truth. And the only way to re-build properly is to remove the old faulty foundations so that the new can be fixed in place. This is God’s grace on my life and although it’s a messy and uncomfortable process, I am grateful that He cares so much that He would build my life well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for inviting to be a part of your renovation process. Yes, I want to be the first to joint so that I can gain some experience on renovation. I don't mind the dusty mess and I want to give you a hand in case you need to move something too heavy by yourself. This does not mean I'm stronger than you but I think two is better than one.
Can't wait to see the New You!

Babyfeet