Wednesday, November 28, 2007

CONNECTION

This morning I was reading about Law, Legalism and Standards in Be Transformed. What pegged me was the part on standards and how I've been living my life according to many standards I've taken on over the years.

A breakthrough moment came though when I asked the Lord to show me where guilt has been a driving force in my life. He showed me that the inexplicable sense of connection I have every time I read the story of Jesus and the adulterous woman (the one where He writes in the sand while her accusers slink away and then He tells her He doesn't condemn her) is the sense of guilt and shame. That unnamed woman and I are sisters in a sense.

I think I'm so used to the guilt that I can't really see it anymore. I think I need help to see myself as God sees me: the light parts, the dark parts and all the shadows in between.

No comments: